Thursday, February 3, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

Simple Woman's Daybook
Thursday, February 3 , 2011

Outside my window... ice, ice, and icy snow.

I am thinking... about so many things that I can't seem to narrow it down to just one. So many things & people on my mind. Can't say it enough how thankful I am that the Lord carries my load and I don't have to.

I am thankful for... my home- TINY but FULL of love and laughs. Feel so guilty that I would ever complain about being crowded. I appreciate what the Lord has given me even though I DESERVE N O N E of it.

From the learning rooms... still amphibians, improper fractions, skip counting by 4s, yards/feet, gallons/quarts, Ohio Heroes, Ali finished her first box of Phonics Ready Readers (YAY!!!!), Ethan wrote a paragraph yesterday following ALL directions and didn't even fight me (THANK YOU, LORD!!), Blake needs to do some special handwriting book because he won't stop writing letters starting from the bottom instead of the top as is normal. Not sure how to break him of it. I sit there and watch him and he still does it. Handwriting without tears is not gonna cut it- he started with that book 2 years ago.

From the kitchen...heart cookie cake for the ladies gathering at Marcia's tonight, chicken noodle soup & tunafish sandwiches for dinner.

I am wearing... gray sweats, pink long-sleeved tee, gray hoodie.

I am creating... beaded bookmarks for the Valentine Bags for our church widows.

I am going... to frost the cookie cake, make beaded bookmarks, read more of my Bible, transfer some prayer requests from my old prayer journal to my new prayer journal, sweep the living room rug, pay bills, switch over one load of laundry...

I am reading...finished my Korean drama. I skipped the last 5 episodes and went right to the last episode. TERRIBLE ending. Now in addition to reading my Bible (in a year) I will finish skimming Sunrise (already read it) and start reading Summer.

I am hoping... nothing... don't feel like I'm hoping anything.

I am hearing... Chase in the hallway with a hotwheels launcher shooting hotwheels cars everywhere, Blake calling Ethan for help with something, Ali playing Wii, Philips Craig & Dean: What Kind of Love is This, now Chase in the kitchen slamming cabinet doors, Ethan arguing with me why he won't let Abigail play with his LEGO figures, now Chase is back in the hall shooting hot wheels... NOISY

One of my favorite things... GoStop (Korean card game)

Praying for... Libby Ward (little girl injured in a car accident last week), brother-in-law Billy had knee surgery today, my Mom's MRI next week, Ethan's attitude towards WRITING which is affecting other areas of his life, Abigail- attitude.

A Lyric or Two...
He Will Carry You- Scott Wesley Brown (video below)
There is no problem too big God cannot solve it.
There is no mountain too tall He cannot move it. 
There is no storm too dark God cannot calm it.
There is no sorrow too deep He cannot soothe it.
If He carried the weight of the World upon his shoulder
I know my brother that He will carry you.
If He carried the weight of the World upon his shoulder
I know my sister that He will carry you.

He said, "Come unto me, all who are weary and I will give you rest."
.

A verse to share... 
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be trouble and do not be afraid.

A picture thought...
Two sick-ish brothers. ♥

A few plans for the rest of the week... basketball practice, school, bagging Valentines day goodies for the widows, dinner with some church family, basketball games, small group potluck after church Sunday, REST.

Come on now... you know you want to do this too!!!


2 comments:

Kendra said...

Ava has the same problem with handwriting. If I watch her, she's more cautious and gets it right, but, if she doesn't realize I'm watching, she goes back to writing from the bottom. I thought about switching to HWOT, but it sounds like that didn't really fix the problem for Blake?

Amy said...

No, it didn't work for Blake. :( I will have to figure something else out. Even if I just do my own thing. It's just so tough to make a change to our schedule. Just when you find a good routine, something changes it.