I have a take-charge personality. I can follow the guidance of someone else if I don't know what I'm doing but if I am confident then I naturally take over.
When you are in a home with just your husband it is very easy to do what is right. (And it's also easy to look at others and judge them for doing wrong.) But once you add kids to your home everything changes. I have problems with TWO areas as far as submitting to my husband and they are big ones- MONEY and KIDS. UGH! I'm not gonna talk about money cause that is a talk for a different blog (or maybe not) but I will say that I finally was able to give Mike complete control over the money and my hands are off of it.
I want to talk about kids (again). Each day that passes by I am more concerned with the lives of my children- and all the children I come in contact with. As I was sitting in Sunday School yesterday listening to the panel of men talk about their families I was convicted to spend more time in the Word. One man said, "Without consistent time in the Word you can't be a consistent Christian." This is something I've known but why can't I learn it??
If I'm not spending time in God's Word then how can I be the Mom that the Lord wants me to be? If my kids see that God's Word isn't a priority to me, then it won't be a priority to them either. They model everything I do. And sadly they model the bad things I do also. One man shared that because of his own sin he lost his family but then the Lord rescued his family. I don't know what he was speaking of but I do know that a sin is a sin- big or small. So I want the Lord to rescue my family. Yes, we've always raised the kids in the Lord but I want to live and breathe the Lord. I want my kids to see the Lord in me and in others and I want them to have the same desire.
These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of you houses and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6: 6-9
I had a plan several months back but somehow I didn't follow through. It is my desire again to get it done. I am committing to having scripture in every room of my home. I want to see it everywhere. I want my kids to see it everywhere. I want our visitors to see it everywhere. Since I enjoy simple crafts I am going to tie the two ideas together. I'm going to try to find several unique ideas of how I can get scripture into every corner of this house. I will blog about each idea after I have completed it. All ideas are welcome!!
(In addition to scripture throughout the house I'm also committing to daily time in the Word and also daily prayer for Mike & the kids. Ask me about this so I can be accountable to someone...)
1 comment:
How's it going with daily reading the Word? I love reading your blog. I guess i haven't checked it for a few days. You are an inspiration. Thank you my friend!
Amy Mathias
Post a Comment