Monday, June 28, 2010

Feeling Bad

Hi, friends. :) I went away this past weekend with my awesome sister Dawn. :) We had a super time. Maybe I'll blog about it at another time. For now I'm just gonna post about my feelings AFTER the weekend.

I am VERY EASILY guilted. (Firefox says that's not a word but I'm leaving it as it is.) Although I did have a good time I was not totally able to enjoy myself because I was feeling guilty throughout the trip. Here are the 3 reasons I felt, and still feel, guilty.

1. I didn't go to VBS on Friday (Mike went in my place) and I missed the closing program. I thought I would solve this problem by sending along the camera & videocamera with Mike but because Chase wasn't cooperating Mike ended up missing A LOT of the program. :(

2. MONEY!!!! Between eating 7 meals on the road, paying for parking in a garage once, and buying four books I spent about $100. (I still owe Dawn money for the hotel.) That may not seem like a lot of money to some but to us that is a lot. I should have packed food to take along and not bought any books while I was there. I could have ordered them later from Rainbow Resource.

3. Food. I was doing great these past several weeks eating good foods. I had lost 9 pounds. This weekend I ate whatever I want- including 5 sweet teas between my Aunt's house in Akron & McDonalds, chocolate covered pretzels, & Lorna Doone cookies. UGH!!!! I am back on the plan today and not going to keep up the bad eating habits but still feel like the damage was done. Not even gonna weigh myself today. I felt SOOOOOO bloated when I woke up Saturday morning in the hotel. Not feeling so bad today but really ready to be back to normal.


2 comments:

Amy said...

i understand this post quite well! sometimes i will contemplate a decision, know what i SHOULD do, and yet still make the 'wrong' choice! (or should i say the choice i WANTED!).

but if we never made the 'wrong' choices, we'd miss out on a lot of important lessons. :)

Kendra said...

First of all, Jesus does not desire for you to feel guilty. Missing the VBS program would make me sad and I would probably feel guilty too, BUT, you totally shouldn't. How much have you missed of your kids' lives? You are there every single day, day in and day out. They get more of your time than the average kid. If you missed this ONE thing, it's not something you should dwell on. Your kids know how important they are to you. As far as spending money at CHEO goes, wash away that guilt too. You SAVED money by getting those books now instead of ordering from Rainbow and having to pay shipping. It also sounds like you got the food thing under control once you got home. Traveling and making healthy choices is not the easiest thing to do no matter how hard you try, especially if you don't want to spend bunches of money. $100 would be a lot for us right now, BUT...if you ate out that many times AND bought books, it isn't as if you were eating extravagantly. Cut yourself a break. You generally don't spend excess money. Once in a while, it's okay as long as you are being a good steward and not letting bills slide or something, and I KNOW that you are a good steward!