Monday, December 12, 2011

90 Day Bible Reading Challenge

90 Day Bible Reading Challenge
JANUARY 2, 2012- MARCH 31, 2012

I am taking the challenge of reading the Bible all the way through in 90 days. Would you like to join me??

Last week I was feeling frustrated with myself for not having regular time in God's Word. I am part of a group on Facebook where we hold each other accountable for exercising and eating right because it's important to me to lose weight.  If I'm concerned with my time spent in God's Word why would I not make an accountability group for reading the Bible? 

After searching for an online accountability group already in existence I stumbled upon a 90 day reading challenge and got really excited. :) It combines my desire to spend time in God's Word with my desire to read the entire Bible through. I will be following the 90 Day Bible Challenge exactly which is being used in several churches across America. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PRINTABLE BOOKMARK which outlines the plan.

I was going to start a facebook group for this but I have friends who are not on Facebook and I didn't want them to be left out. I will be hosting the group right here on my blog.

More details/requirements:
1. Because we are reading quickly (45 minutes- 1 hour each day) we will not actually be studying it.
2. You must R E A D the Bible and not just listen to someone else read it.
3. I will not be interpreting anything for you. We'll let the Holy Spirit take care of that.
4. You MUST check back in every Monday and comment on my Monday blog post that you are still reading with me. You can share where you are at- you might be ahead or behind. 
5. Be HONEST. If you are failing then admit it. An accountability group won't work if you aren't honest.

Remember if you commit to this… I commit to you.
  • I commit to…
  • pray for you by name
  • to encourage you
  • to send you weekly email reminders
  • NOT commentate or interpret the Word of God for you, but help you seek His truth for yourself
  • Give you a place to rejoice and to struggle and even fail
How can you join???
1. Please fill out the form in the upper right corner of my blog homepage so I know you are joining me & so I can e-mail you encouragement.
2. Print off a copy of  the bookmark. (link above)
3. Pray and ask God to help you in this big commitment.
4. Invite friends to join. Send them to this blog entry.
5. Pray for ME!

2 comments:

sethswife said...

I feel the same way and I really like this idea! I'm a total failure at "long" plans (like a year), but I still hunger for some sort of organization in my Bible reading. I'm gonna give it a shot! :)

Marissa Kaye said...

i'm with you! hopefully the accountability and encouragement will get me going and keep me going!